This program introduces students to public sector policy, laws, accounting, and management. Students will be prepared to plan, direct and coordinate supportive services in government, private and non-profit organizations.
Coursework will include communications, finance, politics, and other subjects that will serve you in a variety of administrative roles with a public service mission.
- Be awarded an Associate of Arts in Public Administration as preparation for producing effective management of the public sector and of non-profit organizations.
- Understand and analyze research, budget management, policy development, and community involvement.
- Analyze the formation of government law as they apply to public and not-for-profit administration and policy
- Explain the foundations of ethics within the public and not-for-profit sectors
- Demonstrate an understanding of public finance and capital improvement through grant writing