Successful completion of an entrance/placement examination is required of all applicants. The Admissions Officer has the authority to waive the examination requirement of an applicant who has satisfactorily completed the minimum or equivalent of an associate’s degree at the post-secondary level.
ABIIT welcomes applications from qualified students who desire an education that will enrich their lives and equip them with skills to begin productive careers and a successful future. An “open admissions” policy governs most of ABIIT’s programs. Most degree and diploma programs may commence within any given term.
Applicants must complete the ABIIT Admissions Application. All applications must have the following:
- Proof of high school graduation acceptable proof of graduation includes a standard high school diploma or a general equivalency diploma (GED).
- Proof of nationality – Passport.
- Official High School Transcript.
- CXC certificate.
- Antigua State College Transcript and certificate.
- Any other related certificate or transcript for institutions of higher learning with credits you wish to transfer to ABIIT.
- Non-refundable admissions application fee of $20.00.
Note: Please be advised that all pertinent academic certificates should be presented. These should be originals or notarized copies.
ABIIT evaluates credits for transfer from nationally or regionally accredited institutions. Credits are accepted for transfer provided:
- The courses are similar in objectives and content to those offered by ABIIT
- The courses can be applied toward graduation requirements
- The letter grade (or equivalent) in the course is “C” or better (provided the “C” grade is defined as average or better).
Credits in skill or technical courses must have been awarded within seven years of the student’s acceptance by the College in order to be considered for transfer. Transfer of credits in skill or technical courses older than seven years is generally disallowed.
No official evaluation of transfer of credit is made until the student has been accepted by the College and an official transcript from the institution awarding the credits is received by the Admissions Department.